Saturday, May 30, 2015

Flowers for Mike

 
I think it's time to do another wedding!
I've had way too many funerals lately, and most have been family.
Honestly, it is an honor for me to do flowers for funerals.
I find myself wanting to make sure they're "just so."
I hope each family knows that they're done with love,
and that they will bring comfort to the family as well.

My cousin's husband passed away last weekend and I was asked if I would
make the spray for his casket.  I've only done one other casket spray,
and that was last week for my stepfather-in-law.
I had a little help with that one, but for this one I was on my own.
I was told that an easel spray had been ordered with red roses and sunflowers,
and luckily, I was able to get those flowers.  I was pleased with how it turned out.

My parents also asked me to do a grave spray from the extended family members.
I didn't have my nice camera, so had to take the pics with my cell phone,
(I apologize for the blurriness), but I also thought it turned out pretty.
I always have a hard time deciding when I don't have guidance on what flowers to use.
I decided on a mix of spring/summer colors.

Kaelyn, your family is in my thoughts.  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment