Friday, May 22, 2015

Saying Goodbye to Grandpa Bill


 

 

 



 It's been quite a week around here.  We received a call on Monday night informing us that
my mother-in-law's husband passed away.  It's always such a bitter-sweet thing.
He'd been struggling so much, especially the last two weeks of his life,
so we're grateful he's free from the pain he had to endure.

My mother-in-law asked me a couple of times if I'd want to do flowers.
I've always had a desire to learn how to do a casket spray and easel spray,
but figured I would get my mother-in-law's help if I was ever asked.
She is the person I went to when I was first learning to do flowers, but I knew she
wouldn't be able to help me this time.  I was hesitant and very nervous,
but with a little bit of help from my mother-in-law's former business partner and dear friend,
we were able to get the flowers done.  We had a little bit of drama with the roses (they literally arrived 2 hours before we were supposed to be at the funeral home.)
The only thing my mother-in-law requested for the flowers were orange roses,
so I couldn't let her down!  And what beautiful roses they were!  Stunning, in fact!

My children are going to miss their Grandpa Bill.  He was such a wonderful, fun-loving,
kind and gentle soul, and we look forward to the day we will be reunited.





No comments:

Post a Comment